Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Who is Ms. Sheila Hall?

The blog has been on a hiatus lately, but we have some great posts coming up! This recent post is about Ms. Sheila. If you haven't met her before, you should.  Introduce yourself next time you see her.  You can usually find her on the Burnett campus. She is incredibly warm, and our kids are so lucky to have her be part of our community.  Recently,  Principal Slater mentioned that Ms. Sheila has been riding the bus with our kids.  We are fortunate that Rooftop has an active PTA that is able to fund her extra hours to support our children!  So without further ado please meet Ms. Sheila....

I heard your kids went to Rooftop. Is that true? When?
Yes my daughter, Iyahna,went to Rooftop and graduated in 2009. Iyahna attends Howard University College in Washington D.C. My  nephews and nieces graduated from Rooftop as well.

How are you involved at Rooftop?

I'm a Para Professional Employee at Rooftop, and very much involved with the safety of all the students.I have always been involved with Rooftop before being an employee, through volunteer work and PTA when my nieces, nephews and daughter attended.

What excites you about working at Rooftop?
Everything at Rooftop excites me. Even though there are challenging situations, I always enjoy working with the students and faculty. Working with kids is one of my greatest passion. It is an honor for me to be given the opportunity to be part of the Rooftop family.

What is your favorite thing about working with kids?
Kids always brighten my day because they bring positive energy into my life. The most important thing I enjoy about working with kids of all ages, is to be able to build a safe environment and relationship. I love supporting my Rooftop kids in school activities or extracurricular activities, for example soccer, music, drama, dancing and football.

What do you want the community to know about you?
I'm a single parent with two children, one boy and one girl. I'm a native of San Francisco and live in the twin peaks/diamond heights area. I'm kid friendly and most of my past jobs have been working with kids. I have been part of the Rooftop family since 1995. I studiedBusiness Administration with a concentration in Economics at Sacramento State University. My hobbies are dancing, crochet, walking, watching sports, playing pool and helping others. I'm a team player and I believe in working together will make a difference.

Do you think riding the bus has made a difference? Why?
Yes. most definitely.  Parents main concern is safety and to make sure their children can arrive to school on time. Having an adult chaperon on the bus at all times will help minimize the behavior issues during travel time.  Also to help the driver to stay focused on the road.


Thanks Ms. Sheila for everything you do, and thank you to the Rooftop community.  We would not be able to fund great programs like the "extra hours" for Ms. Sheila without your generosity. To learn more about how and why we fundraise go here 

2 comments:

  1. My daughter rides the bus, and having Ms. Sheila along makes our experience much better. I get face-to-face check-ins about permission slips and other news I'd miss out on from not picking up in person. Before she rode along, I didn't see anyone making sure each kid had a grown-up waiting at the stop, but now I do!

    Thanks, Ms.Sheila!
    -Ruth, mother of Violet (K)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Ms. Sheila. She remembers every kid's name and makes it point to know their parents, too. She makes every situation a good one and has respect for everyone, big and small. We appreciate her presence in Ms. Lampear's room and hope that she remains apart of the Rooftop family for many years.

    ReplyDelete